Save yourselves from a messy and jarring process of relocation. Follow SFL’s step by step relocation guide, and avoid the hassles and inconvenience of packing, moving, unpacking into a new location.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
- Don’t panic! Start by making some preliminary decisions, determining such things as your time frame and service requirements. If you are relocating at the request of your company, you should find out what your relocation benefits are from your company relocation policy.
SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO?
- Next, you should go through your belongings, determining what you want to take with you (and when you will need it), what you want to place into storage, and what you want to dispose of.
CALL IN THE EXPERTS
- Having determined which of your belongings will actually come with you, contact your local SFL Worldwide consultant and discuss list of items and they can help you to determine how much volume your shipment converts to, which also determines your shipping rates.
PROTECT YOUR BELONGINGS
- After you and your consultant have decided the volume of the shipment you should go through them again, but this time determining the value of your shipment Once you’ve done that, you can fill out a valued inventory form to protect them under our coverage plan.
MAKE YOUR TRAVEL PLANS
- Once you’ve set a date for your move, you should make your travel arrangements, including temporary accommodation in the origin and the destination. SFL Worldwide can help you with this—ask your consultant for details.
ORGANIZE YOUR PAPERWORK
- It is imperative that you begin to take care of all your required documentation as soon as possible. This includes visa applications, passport renewals, customs forms and change of address notices. Most important, hold on to the inventory form filled out in step 4. SFL Worldwide can offer assistance with all the necessary paperwork, just ask your representative.
SET A LITTLE SOMETHING ASIDE
- Before moving day, set aside all those items that you do not wish to be packed in the shipment. This would include your passport and other important documents, tickets, money, and jewelry among other things
- On moving day, it’s imperative that you (or an authorized representative) are there for the whole duration of the packing and loading, so you can verify your belongings based on your belongings the packing inventory, as well as answer any questions that the moving team might have.
ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION
- Once you arrive in your new home, contact your local SFL Worldwide consultant to arrange the delivery of your belongings and start getting settled as soon as possible. We offer services in home and school searches, as well as orientation tours, cross-cultural training and more. If you are not be able to move into your new home immediately, SFL Worldwide can help you select temporary accommodation and storage for your things, as well as assist you in extending your protection accordingly. Ask your consultant for more details.
- Once you’ve selected in your new house and made all the necessary arrangements, it’s time for delivery of your belongings! Our expert moving team will make sure that there is no confusion over where things go, thanks to our unique Color Locator System. After they have finished, they will even remove the packing materials left behind. Should you desire further settling-in, value added services while you adjust to your new home, SFL Worldwide can also offer maid and handyman services to help turn your boxes into a home as soon as possible.